Western Michigan University to Host Entrepreneurship Speaker Series
Students enrolled in Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business are in for a real treat!
Recently, WMU announced that its Haworth College of Business is slated to host an entrepreneurship forum speaker series. Serial entrepreneur, Scot Rourke is excited to see that the University is highlighting entrepreneurship as a sustainable career path for students in the College of Business. Rourke’s independent business coaching outfit, Elevara is proud to support fellow business leadership development company, Humanergy. The company’s owner and principal, David Wheatley is scheduled as the first speaker to address WMU students in this informative and relevant entrepreneurship forum.
The Entrepreneurship Forum is a monthly speaker series recently introduced by Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business. Scot Rourke is pleased to see that tried and true entrepreneurs will be given the chance to lend their expertise and offer advice to the next generation of business professionals. In the future, he hopes to participate in similar speaking engagements at the local level. Guiding the newest wave of entrepreneurs is imperative, in his view.
This speaker series is slated to be quite the exciting opportunity for students interested in gaining first hand perspectives from entrepreneurs and business leaders. Other speakers scheduled for the 2020 Entrepreneurship Forum series include:
- Rhonda Ethridge — Founder of LifeCycles Studios
- Kristen Chesak — Executive Director of Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo
- Kiar Gamsho — Chief Executive Officer of Midtown Fresh Market and Park Street Market
- Brett Vanderkamp — President of New Holland Brewing
- Amy Kenny — Chief Financial Officer of New Holland Brewing
- Mike Klok — Owner and Creative Director of Stuffed Brain Studios
- Tim Krone — Chief Executive Officer of Pedal Bicycle
- Nathan Harte — Chief Sales Officer of Inovelli
The Forum hopes to shed light on the various roles of an entrepreneur by inviting business leaders from a diverse range of industries.
RSVP for the event here: https://wmich.edu/business/e-rsvp
3 Qualities of A Great Mentor
Entrepreneur Scot Rourke understands the difficulty in finding a mentor in the workplace. Not only is it a challenge to find a good mentor, but it can be hard to know what qualities to look for in a mentor or traits that compliment your own…